While piecing this quilt everything was going fine and laying flat but then I decided to quilt the background before applique ing the diamond. It made the background shrink badly. I tried to block this quilt twice then quilt matchsticks on the borders in the hope that it would "eat" the extra fabric.....
it didn't work. So now the borders are waving enthusiastically at me every time I walk into my sewing room.
At least it is finished and if a crop the picture right I will be able to use the picture to write the pattern. Thank the Goddess it is not a whole quilt. So sad because I really like the scrappy borders.